Sporting restrictive formals isn’t exactly the most appealing idea in this scorching heat. But for certain jobs, formal outfits are a must. To breathe a little freely, you can go for pastel shades, a print linen shirt and opt for silk-knit ties. Sagar Suri and Surya Suri, founders of men’s wear brand Steele, suggest a few formal fashion tips to look smart in the office:
* Pastel and neutral coloured shirts like ivory and grey can be worn to get an elegant look and since it does not absorb heat, it is soothing to the eyes.
* A printed shirt outfit or light checks shirt is the best option for men, as it gives them a bold look.
* Men can wear a light blazer over their vest at the workplace as it enhances their personality.
* Formal shirts over pencil trousers or narrow pants can also be worn in order to look modest and elegant at workplace. This creates a formal and sophisticated look.
* One can wear khaki pants to the office and can boost their fashion statement at the workplace.
* Light coloured formal suit can also be worn during summers. Nowadays, it is widely chosen by men, as it is trendy and stylish.
* A classic white shirt always works at office. What’s more, it’s perfect for summers.
* Switching on to blue and gingham can make an individual more fashionable and professional. It adds a bold colour to the outfit.
Karan Oberoi, actor and model, adds to the tips:
* If you are a suit person, go for light fabrics like cotton and linen.
* Another way to face summers in style is to stick with a classic outfit that works anywhere and everywhere. A lightweight semi formal white shirt with grey or blue check pants will keep you cool during the hot days.
* For meetings and formal events, an unstructured navy blazer is just perfect. This is one of the most versatile, stylish, and comfortable pieces your wardrobe should have.
* If you require to wear ties to work, go for silk-knit ones in summers.